Latest Edit : Sunday, July 6, 2021
The information we collect from users
In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request and collect Personal Information as well as other information in connection with your use of, and access to, the Services. We collect the following types of information from our users.
Legal basis for collecting and using the information we collect
We only use the information we collect about you or that you provided to us for the purposes set forth in this Notice and based on the following legal grounds:
- Your consent (as permitted by applicable law);
- Our legitimate business interests, including:
- managing our relationship with you;
- direct marketing;
- product development and enhancement;
- fraud and financial crime detection and prevention;
- information, system, network, and cyber security;
- general corporate operations and due diligence;
- To provide services to you
- To comply with a legal obligation and defend against legal claims.
How we use this information
We use information that we collected or that you provided to us, including any personal information for these reasons:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your Account with us.
- To personalize your experience on our Online Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Online Services, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Online Services, products and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Online Services, products, and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
How we share information
We share the information we collect about you or that you provided to us as described in this Notice:
- Service providers. We may share this information with service providers who provide certain services on our behalf such as data hosting or processing services. These service providers may need to access this information to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose this information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Business partners. We may share this information with third party business partners. We require our business partners to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Anonymized information. We may share analyses of our server logs, traffic, or information relating to customer leads, including details regarding usage of the Online Services and general information about our audience, with current or potential advertisers or business partners. Such disclosures typically aggregate usage data from these analyses and other information not generally considered to be personal information.
- Corporate Transactions. In addition, in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your personal information will still be subject to this Notice and the privacy choices you have made.
Cookies and similar technologies
- As is true with many websites and applications, our Online Services automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits, including traffic data, location data (if enabled), logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Online Services, and information about your computer, mobile device, internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Online Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Online Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Online Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to the Online Services.
How we protect information
You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. For this reason, we maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements designed to protect personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. We periodically review our security measures and update them accordingly. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secured.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected your personal information, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Transfers of information
Our Services are now available for the United States. We may transfer the information we collect about you to another country, which may not be deemed to have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Applicable laws in the United States and/or other countries may allow the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities to access your personal information when in such country.
If you are a user located outside the United States or the country to which your information may be transferred, you understand (and, as permitted under applicable law, consent to) having any personal information processed in the United States and/or such country. When we transfer your information, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Your choices and rights
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Melkro, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in emails .
If you created an Account, you can always access your personal information by logging into your Account. If you have trouble or you need further assistance with accessing your Account, or deleting your Account, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data protection rights
Depending on where you reside and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regards to the personal information you shared with us:
- The right to request confirmation of whether we process personal information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- The right to request that we rectify or update personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that we restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances; for example, while we consider a request to update your personal information;
- The right to request that we sent to another company, where technically feasible, your personal information;
- The right to withdraw consent to processing your personal information that you previously gave; and
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
In order to exercise these rights, contact us at email@example.com We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law.
The Online Services are not intended or directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children or track their use of the Online Services.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California Consumer, you have certain rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your “Personal Information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information below. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
When California Consumers access the Melkro website, use Melkro services or contact us we collect the following Personal Information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected or Disclosed
You have the right to request that Melkro disclose the Personal Information it collects and uses. There are two types of Right to Know requests you can make:
Right to Know (Categories of Information): Upon verifiable request, you will receive the following information about you:
a. Category of personal information collected,
b. Categories of sources from which that information was collected,
c. The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected
Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request): If you make a Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request), you will receive the following information about you:
a. Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
Melkro does not sell any Personal Information of California consumers. This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Melkro determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period.
Right of Deletion
You have the right to request that Melkro and our service providers delete any Personal Information about yourself that Melkro has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to exceptions.
You can submit your requests here through a webform.
Melkro provides California Consumers with the ability to submit requests through our request webpage and our email address. Melkro must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the California Consumer about whom the request relates in order to process the request. To verify a California Consumer’s identity, we may request up to three pieces of Personal Information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in your request to verify your identity and will delete any information you provide after processing the request. Melkro reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers where we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
Changes to this policy
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility. For this reason, we may, from time to time, make changes to this Notice. Changes to this Notice will be made on this page. The date this Notice was last revised is identified on the top of this Notice. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay inform of any changes to this Notice.